The most recent of those 'next chapter' moments was motherhood. My boys were born May 2012, and her precious little Moberry (love the nickname, Red! I'm totally using it for her forever!) was born Oct 2013. Jason and I had no plans of having more children down the road, and our apartment at the time was too cozy to store everything, so when Red told me she was expecting, I offered her pretty much everything I had. She got my maternity wardrobe and a bunch of baby gear. At the time, she kept making statements like, "Thanks for letting me borrow all of this!" I quickly corrected her and said I didn't want/need it back. She smiled, said okay and left it at that.
Fast forward to December of 2013. I peed on a stick. PANIC! Red was one of the first people I called in hysterics. I should clarify, I wasn't upset about being pregnant. I was afraid of losing another baby to miscarriage. Having lost three before the gentlemen...I have baggage. Red let me cry over the phone. She listened. We prayed together. And then she said without skipping a beat that she was going to send me 'our stash' of maternity clothes and that she would bring me all of OUR baby gear. Just keepin' it in the family! Back in February I got a lovely box of clothes just as my belly was starting to protrude, and yesterday I got a special delivery of baby gear with Mom and baby in tow.
Our visit was so low key and relaxing. We talked, we cooked, we dealt with our kids and never had to worry about the other judging or demanding anything. We understand what it means to be a mother and support each other in that
I have other friends in my life who I absolutely adore, but sadly am falling, or have fallen out of touch with and it's simply because we're just not in the same chapters right now. Perhaps Red and I will have times in our life like that, but I am so thankful to know that we'll always be able to pick back up where we left off. She is my kind of people.
On a side note: Thank you for the practice of taking care of my gents with a baby on my hip! It was a good dress rehearsal. ;-)
It sounds wonderful:) I have a two friends like that and I miss them terribly, as they live on the East Coast. I so wish we were closer so we could spend more time together, especially now that we all have kiddos around the same age. I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with your friend!
ReplyDeleteLove this!!! Lynn is so proud you love his new nickname for her.
ReplyDelete